Home Build Solar Panel System

Saturday, September 6, 2014 | Labels: , , , , | |
After I did my homework I found out that there was a solar cell manufacturer just a few hours away from my house who could supply me with the needed cells (otherwise I could buy those online as they’re easy to obtain from other sites). With information I collected from various sources I made a wiring diagram and did I got ordinary glass from a local supplier. Tools I needed came from my local DIY store and I was ready to start. See the needed materials list below witch not only states all the needed materials but also the price I paid for it and the shop I bought them from.

The material list is for one panel only and the list of the total system is for 2 panels, one inverter and production meter. Installation material like wire, junction boxes, screws and holding brackets I didn’t had to buy as those I still had in the shed or made my self. I soldered the solar cells according to the wiring diagram in series as this added the voltage of each cell together to achieve the desired (and highest) output. I made a 28 cell panel (4 strings of 7 cells) as this is fitting the best in my garden and would give me 28×0.5V=14V (theoretically). The amperage I didn’t know yet as I bought B quality cells to play around with (this saved me some expenses to mess around with).
 Download Home Build Solar Panel System

0 comments:

Post a Comment